Do you really need a website when you start your coaching business?
I strongly believe so. Maybe not right away, but it is definitely something that you need to integrate into your business plan when you write it up.
Whilst I know and have seen many different coaches start their business online by using Facebook and/or Instagram without a website, there are many reasons as to why having one is a must at some point.
Here are my main reasons:
- You want a place for people to find out more about you, your services and offerings
- Highlight your client’s testimonials/feedback
- Showcase any articles, interviews and other PR related items
- Share your knowledge and advise from your website to Social Media, etc
- Direct your leads to a page for your services (individual and/or group coaching)
- It is a great place for your freebie/opt-in to build your email list
Your website is your home
It is where everything you do ‘out there’ should lead from and back to it. Your followers, leads, clients and even other coaches should be able to find you and your expertise easy and in one place. Not scattered around the Internet ‘somewhere’.
Plus, you own your website. It is your baby, your property, whereas social media isn’t. Social media can be taken away from you in an instant…and where would you be found then if not for your website?
Sure, I admit that you can run your coaching business without it, many already do that successfully, but I strongly believe in what I have highlighted above.
You are a business and as a business you need to prepare and act like it. It’s not a hobby, you earn a living of this so please treat it that way. This means a website is a ‘must have’.
A word of advice though: Whilst ‘DIY website builders’ such Wix are a great start, please consider having a website designer work with you to create one that includes all the needed bells and whistles (I am talking about your branding/style, SEO, etc.).
Do you have you got a website for your life coaching business? Please share your link with me in the comments below, I would love to check them out.