How To Get A Grip On Your Email Management Problems
Everyone talks about email management. It’s so important, they say. Sure, I agree with them. But before diving into the ‘How can I make it suit to my needs?’ you need to know what it actually entails.
My definition of email management is:
How you handle all your e-mails that makes the most sense to you and your business. A way to ensure you are as efficient and productive as possible.
Done badly it is a massive time waster. It increases stress levels and don’t even start me on the frustration part!
So, what are most important points to think about? Those needed to implement a good email management system?
- How often will you check your email inbox?
- How long will you spend writing & responding to emails?
- Will you keep your email program open all day or only check at specific times?
- Will you respond to emails with a short reply if suitable?
- To which emails won’t you respond because they don’t need one?
- What folders will you set up to keep you organised (such as ‘to be dealt with, urgent’, etc.)?
- How many people will you include in an e-mail?
- Will you delete message that aren’t archived after a certain timeframe?
Answer those questions and put in place written procedures. Before long you are the master of your inbox.
You might also find my post ‘Don’t let your email inbox rule your life’ useful.
Do you agree with my definition? I would love to hear why or why not, please leave a comment below.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.