It has been just over a week since I made my way to Joel Brown’s ‘Millions Online’ two-day workshop in Melbourne’s City Center.
Learning more about what works and what doesn’t, the dos and don’ts about running an online business and/or being present online is always of high interest to me.
And learning of Joel, the founder of the number 1 motivational website Addicted2Success, has been a constant in my life over the last couple of years. Yet, being in one room with him and other highly motivated & passionate humans has taken it up another notch.
Over the two days we covered topics such as mindset, our purpose, tools and techniques that are vital to be successfully present online, listened to guest speakers on topics such as ‘lead pages’ and ‘how to go viral/have articles go viral’.
It ended with a group coaching session led by Joel himself, where everyone got a chance to sit with him and work out two main things they need to do to move up to the next level in their journey.
Here are my key takeaways from the weekend:
- Learning about the digital (business) world is key to connect not only with clients, but also your tribe
- It doesn’t have to be hard or high tech, there are easy ways to ‘spread your word’ .
- Focus on your core message and purpose
- Live and work in your top 3 values
- Know your brand – has it got the ‘boom’ effect?
- Select a social media platform you are comfortable with, this should include a website plus a couple of social media channels in general
- Use the ‘Live’ features regularly as these have more widespread impact
- Being YOU is vital, so get to know yourself (well)
There was so so much more, my notebook has heaps more information in it, but these are the main things I believe are important to share with you today.
It was fantastic to be in a room with positive, passionate and highly motivated humans, who not only love hugs and a laugh, but also are genuine, they care and are eager to make an impact in this world.
The main message, coming out of this workshop, for me is:
‘’You and your brand are one. Even if you operate under a business name, YOU are the core and knowing how to leverage both in business & yourself is key to success’’